Friday, February 7, 2014

Trimming & Glueing

I managed to print just about half of the required prints, for an edition of 40, before running out of ink. Printing will need to be on hold for awhile since the ink won't arrive until next week and I have a feeling that by the time it does arrive, I'll be in Boston helping out with my new granddaughter.

Before calling it quits for the day, I wanted to see how the individual prints lined up and if the process was easily repeatable. I started by trimming the vertical sides on each print followed by trimming the points at which the end prints would overlap the center section. I used an archival bookbinding paste to carefully join the sections, making sure that the entire piece measured 18. I'm using my antique irons to weigh down the joints over night. My plan is to trim the horizontal edges after the piece is folded. Tomorrow I'll experiment with some machine stitching on the image.

All sections successfully joined.

No comments:

Post a Comment