Thursday, June 25, 2009

Prepping for Next Project


Spent an hour or so cleaning up my studio space. While working on the mailArt project, I had papers, print proofs, collage materials, adhesives and tools laid out over every available surface. Since I was working on a few postcards at once, this made it easier for me to keep track of what I had available. If something wasn't quite right for one piece I could easily look around and see if it could be adapted to another. My goal was to recycle what I had in the studio for "Altered States".

Now to see what other deadlines are looming and move on the next project. Must keep the creative momentum going.

"In art intentions are not sufficient .... What one does is what counts and not what one has intentions of doing." Picasso

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Melody
    it's "Aine" from over on Interaction but I am on blogspot as well.
    Love your blog !! Real pleasure looking through it.
    I was going to do the littlest Print exchange too BUT then this spinal surgery came up and i had no idea as to whether I'd be up to doing much printmaking, after it. So it seemed best to withdraw. Hope you get some interesting prints in return (!!) Yours looks great. best wishes

    Aine

    ReplyDelete