Friday, June 19, 2009


As with any project, after the initial flood of ideas and the newness wears off, it becomes increasingly difficult to keep up the creative momentium. I found this mailart project to be more difficult and time consuming than I had imagined. To create 32 postcards in a month was a challenge. I put in at least 4 or 5 hours of studio time a day just to make sure I would meet the deadline. I have a feeling that my biggest stumbling block was taking the whole project too seriously. I approached each card as a minature artwork and had no problem reworking them, if necessary. Getting them out of the house and into the mail became an important way for me to move on to the next ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment