Friday, June 12, 2009

Contact Paper Transfer



As I was working on my mailart project, I had an idea for a background but couldn't find any collage material to compliment my printed images. After much searching, I decided to create an interesting background using photo shop. The contact paper transfer made it easy to incorporate the image onto the postcard.

Here's how it's done.
1. Take your image and cover it with a piece of clear contact paper.
2. Rub the contact paper down well, onto the image, so you have total contact.
3. Place the contact covered image into a try of water. Let it sit for a few minutes. You will be able to rub off the paper on the back of the image and what you're left with is the dark lines of the original image.
4. Now, you can adhere the image to your collage.

No comments:

Post a Comment