Monday, July 20, 2009


This weekend I finished my edition for the 2009 Art House Exchange (http://www.arthousecoop.com/projects/printexchange).

The submission date is August 1st and I was worried about meeting the deadline. My original idea had been put on hold so often that it had become stale and I no longer felt that "creative connection" to what I was doing. I find it frustrating when I have to start and stop and put projects on hold for a month or two. After awhile, I just lose interest. Last week I decided my best move would be to scrap the old image and start fresh. Once I felt a creative connection to what is was doing, everything just fell into place.

The topic for the exchange is "Danger". I played around with some sketches dealing with barbed wire and feathers and liked the concept of coming close to "danger" but managing to escape it's grasp. So... I hit a snag and was dangerously close to missing the deadline for this project but managed to escape disaster and complete the print.

"As soon as there is life, there is danger" Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment