Thursday, April 23, 2020

Green Door International Print Exchange


Today I completed my edition of ten for the 2020 Green Door IPE. https://www.internationalprintexchange.org/

I've participated in this exchange for a few years now and enjoy playing around with such a small format; paper size is a mere 5.5" square and the image no more than 3.9". I decided that in this time of pandemic gloom and doom, I would focus on a positive image - my forsythia bush.


After playing around with various colors, I decided to keep it simple and fairly monochromatic. Since this shrub is know for it sunny color, I went with bright yellow Akua intaglio ink on Awagami's Washi paper. The paper was a pale creamy color with fine fibers running throughout, so printing with the bright color was simple and effective.

Sprigs

No comments:

Post a Comment