Wednesday, April 22, 2020


Another rainy day here in Connecticut. I take advantage of gray days here at TreeTop Press because less sun coming in the windows means it's a little easier to work with photopolymer plates.



Going through my shelves finding small sizes of plates and hoping some of the older ones are still viable. (I would hate to venture a guess as to how old these orange Solarplates are.) Big difference compared to the newer gold plate.




Turns out the plates worked! I created a positive from a photo I took of some overgrown beach grass and snow fence and was pleased with the image. After proofing I decided that I preferred the starkness of the black and white print.




I printed an edition of 15 on Arnham cream paper for this years 9INHANDPRESS international print exchange. Image size 5"x 5" on 8"x 10" paper. Check out the requirements if you're looking for something to keep you busy during this social distancing. https://www.9inhandpress.com/print-exchange-2020.html

Forsaken

No comments:

Post a Comment