Thursday, May 7, 2020

The state of things

One advantage to staying home is that there's plenty of studio time. Keeping busy helps me to not obsess about the state of things ... while working on a series about the state of things. Ha!

Going through my photos, I found a couple of shots of the grand-kids climbing a web like rope structure. Being trapped in that environment seemed like the perfect metaphor for societies current situation: social distancing, quarantine, uncertainty, misinformation and conflicting viewpoints.


My originals were downloaded to PhotoShop, manipulated and extra webbing was added using a discarded onion bag. Positives were printed.


I exposed a Solarplate with the figure image, then decided to also create a second plate using ImagOn film for an image of the actual Covid-19 virus.

I was pretty happy with the outcome. My intention was to keep the figure fairly silhouetted so it would represent no one individual, but rather any individual.



 I was even happier after I added the background plate of the virus.


No comments:

Post a Comment