Saturday, January 13, 2018

Finally Printing

Spent a rainy afternoon in the studio and actually got something accomplished. After spending the last few months in caregiver role, it felt good to grab a block of time to print.

Since its been awhile, I decided to start small. I enjoy participating in a few print exchanges so my focus was to produce an edition for the 2018 Emerald Print Exchange.


I had a sketch ready to go so it was a matter of creating the plate. I tried a couple of different adjustments in Photo Shop, burnt a plate and pulled a proof. Came to the conclusion that sometimes you can tinker with an image too much and less is best.


After pulling a couple of additional proofs I was ready to go.


The guidelines for the exchange state that the image is restricted to a paper size of 5" x 7". This plate is 3" x 3". By the end of the afternoon, I had the required edition of 10 completed.

For "Incognito", I went with Akua Intaglio Carbon Black on Arnhem heavy white and added chine colle' for the shade.


No comments:

Post a Comment