Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Paper Trials

I had a successful morning printing and trying out a few different options using Awagami papers. I've never used these papers before and was curious as to how they would work with intaglio plates and Akua inks. I was pleased with the results.


The image on the left was printed on dry Awagami Shiramine paper using two plates. The right image uses the chine colle' technique; plates were printed on dry Washi paper embedded with noticeable fibers. The support paper is Arnham heavyweight. I like both results but lean toward the warmth of the image on the right.

This piece will be submitted to the 2017 Awagami International Miniature Print Exhibition. Once they're dry, I'll ship them off to Japan before the July 31st deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment