Friday, June 16, 2017

Minature Print Underway

Recently, I came across a miniature print competition sponsored by Awagami Paper. Since life is a little busy at the moment, I thought I'd enter. It helps me to have a goal and a deadline when I feel as though I'm being pulled it too many directions. I have until mid-July to get this piece resolved and on it way.

An added bonus, Awagami sent a package of sample papers. Since I have never used their papers I was curious to see how they performed with the Akua inks and intaglio process.

As luck would have it, I found some old Solarplates (the ones before the new plates with the protective layer) that had gotten shoved back on a studio shelf. I didn't know if they were still usable but they turned out to work fine.

I planned on using two different plates and after exposing the positives, the old Solarplates looked good. The image size is roughly six by eight inches.

Between this and that, I managed to eke out  a bit of studio time for proofing. I was playing around with a few different color variations but noting was finalized. These were printed on dry Arnham paper using Akua intaglio inks.

Chine colle' was used in this one; printing on one of the Awagami sample papers.

At the moment, I'm partial to the one below but that can change once I have time to get back to the studio. Again, I used one of the sample papers, with fine threads running through it, for chine colle'.

For now, "Elusive Perfection" remains just that - elusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment