Monday, January 15, 2018

Second Print Exchange for 2018

Wing Tip Press has an annual print exchange called Leftovers. Two prints are reserved for traveling exhibitions and one print is reserved for a silent auction to support Idaho Hunger Relief Task Force.       
I've participated in Leftovers for a few years and find it a great way to use up studio leftovers; small plates, papers, inks and even leftover ideas. Also, I do this to jump start my productivity after a break and to use the deadline to keep myself focused on putting in some quality studio time.


I worked up a few sketches and scanned them into Photo Shop for experimenting and tweaking. Once satisfied, I printed them out on transparencies and exposed a solar plate.


The plate looks pretty good but you never know until you pull a proof. I'm planning on using color so I decided on two plates. I'll trim these and see what develops.


All in all, not bad progress for a laid back Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment