Thursday, March 24, 2016

Taking a Day Off

"The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off." Abe Lemons

I've been holed-up in the studio every day and figured I needed to take a break and get out of the house for awhile. Also, yesterday was a long day and I'll admit that I was a little tired after last evenings busy printmaking workshop. Plus, taking a break would give my prints a little more drying time before I add the next color.


It's so easy to get up in the morning, head to the studio (sometimes in my nightgown) and get to work. Before I know it, the day has flown by. Some days are productive, others not so much, but at least I'm working at something. However, I occasionally worry that I'll become a recluse and I need to remind myself to take a break once in a while and just get away.


Heading down to the beach usually does the trick and breaks up my routine a bit. Even though it was a chilly and cloudy day I just enjoyed the change of scenery, the solitude of an early spring shoreline walk, curling up with a good book by the gas stove and reminding myself to not rush home to get back to the studio.




No comments:

Post a Comment