Sunday, February 1, 2015

Proofing in the cold.

Our boiler died last night; right before we were heading up to bed! Waking to no heat in the house and single digit temps outside, my morning began with helping my husband prep our old basement wood stove. Long dormant from our days of heating the house with wood, new stovepipe needed to be installed and "junk" removed from around the stove; not to mention a trip to the woodpile after shoveling a path. Thank God we never got rid of the stove!

Our main goal was to get some source of heat in the house until the boiler can be repaired. And, with tomorrows predicted snow/ice event, we may not be able to get out to the parts store. All I can say is lately, there's never a dull moment!


Bundling up and getting a little warmth from a small portable heater, I did manage to proof the plates I made yesterday. My original goal was to get this done today so I could figure out what to do next as I try and pull everything together into one cohesive piece. It's a little difficult to focus with all the drama of no heat but hopefully all will work out. Just keep on, keepin' on.



No comments:

Post a Comment