Saturday, February 27, 2010

Tear, Tear



Didn't get a lot done in the studio this past week. I was slightly derailed by a physical discovery on Monday morning, which lead to various appointments and records gathering. Sometimes things just crop up out of the blue and everything else takes a back seat. As I was organizing some work, to keep busy, I came across a piece I did the last time nature threw me a curve ball. Fortunately all turned out well then and I'm convinced that it will be the same this time.

I titled this print Tear, Tear. It's two plates, a collagraph and a photo intaglio, with chine colle and thread. I loved the fact that the same word "tear" had two different meanings but those definitions seemed to be so linked and appropriate at the time.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, painful work. Hope everything turns out ok. Take care.

    ReplyDelete