Saturday, February 27, 2010

Karen Kunc Demo





On Thursday, a friend invited me up to her printmaking class at Wheaton College (Norton, Mass) to sit in on a woodcut demo by Karen Kunc. This was a wonderful opportunity to see the artist in action, hear her discuss her techniques and processes and then view her work in the Beard Gallery.

I have always been intrigued by the unique opportunities that the transferred image affords. Over the years, I have researched and worked in a number of processes and never tire of the technical aspects of the various mediums. I welcome the opportunity to see what "tricks of the trade" others have to offer. Fortunately, printmakers are a very generous bunch who love to share their expertise.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could have been there. Saw her and her work at SGC (think it was Kansas City). Beautiful color and technique.

    ReplyDelete