Monday, October 28, 2019

Health Hiccups

I've had a rough time with shoulder issues and finally had to have rotator cuff surgery. Needless to say that put a hold on my studio time. Hard to work with my right arm out of commission.

Therefore, I was thrilled to take part in a photopolymer workshop at Zea Mayes studio in Florence, Ma. this past weekend. My first outing sine the surgery but I was happy to find that I was only slightly limited with arm movements. https://www.zeamaysprintmaking.com/


Artist Nancy Diessner introduced the group to Toyobo photopolymer plates: how to prepare film positives, prepare and expose the plates, and print.

Nancy Diessner with Toyobo plates curing in the sun.
Zea Mayes studio was quite impressive. Wonderful work spaces. The downstairs studio was used for the workshop. Spacious and well laid out.


Inking stations.

"Clean" area for paper prep
Silkscreen room
Work stations
The second floor is reserved for member and is just as impressive.

Rembrandt press (little sister to my floor model)

Light filled studio


All in all a great weekend. Knowledgeable instructor and great classmates. It was interesting to see how the Toyobo plates compared to the Solarplates and ImagOn I use.

No comments:

Post a Comment