Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Leftovers Again

For a few years now I've been participating in WingTip Press' "Leftovers" print exchange. It's a fun way to use up small scraps of paper and plates and helps support a good cause: The Idaho Hunger Relief Task Force.

I usually end up with a stash of small photopolymer plates along with odd sizes of paper. This exchange is a great way to put them to good use.


I was having some trouble working the plates because some were so old that I wasn't able to get a good plate exposure. A few pieces were the old dark reddish color, some were the newer copper color, and a few were the new gold color. Needless to say, it took a number of trials to finally arrive at a good exposure time to achieve a satisfactory print. I need to remind myself that when I stash scrapes of plates, I should date them on the back and make notes of exposure and developing times.


It took a bit of trial and error but after a mornings work, I had the edition completed.

When I was working up sketches for the image, I was thinking about all of the ideas I have flying around in my head that don't often get realized due to life's everyday interruptions. Personal "leftovers" that hopefully I'll get around to exploring.


I think I'll spend the afternoon cleaning up my messy studio. It's way overdue for some organization!

No comments:

Post a Comment