Friday, December 7, 2018

Continuing the momentum

2018 is quickly running out of days and there is the numerous obligations and usual holiday preparations underway. I was determined to keep my progress moving along in the studio so I began work on a second exchange portfolio print. Working on these small plates is perfect for this time of year when studio time is limited.

Moondance Studio

I was away from TreeTop Studio for a couple of days so I just brought everything I needed to print with me.

A few years ago, I was very fortunate to get a hold of a small second hand Conrad press. Its perfect for the beach house and even though the studio space there isn't totally resolved, I managed to clear an area to get some work done.

Solarplate and first proof

Every year I enjoy participating in this international print exchange. This image is based on my grand-kids enjoying the final days of summer. The silhouetted figures and elongated shadows from the setting sun really emphasized the fading season.


After an afternoons work I had an edition of 15 plus completed. Nice to know that if I put my mind to it, and with a little preparation, I can print when I'm away from my main studio space.

No comments:

Post a Comment