Wednesday, April 6, 2016

The end is in sight

I'm beginning to sense this piece is almost finished. I've lost count of the number of times I have run the plate through the press or the actual number of colors I've used.

After stepping away from the print for a couple of days, I decided to add the dark accents to a couple of the fish before resolving the background. A simple Mylar stencil allowed me to control ink placement. There were also a couple of spots that I had forgotten to cut away to preserve light areas, so I took care of those as well.

Now that the strong value's in place, it's easier to visualize where I want to do the same in a few of the background areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment