Like so many others, I had planned on making a fresh start and with lots of ideas floating around in my head, I had hoped to have a new piece completed by now. As it happened, I came down with what I thought was a horrible cold which in actuality turned out to be the flu. Apparently that flu shot I got back in November wasn't enough to keep the bug away! I've just started feeling like myself again so I'm trying to slowly get back into the groove.
Today I managed to do some reorganizing and straightening and finally got around to replacing my clothes pin line for hanging prints. Originally, I had strung plastic clothes pins on a cord and this worked out fine. However, recently the pins began snapping off and breaking every time I pinched them open. I'm guessing that over time the sun may have degraded the plastic, making it brittle.
My new hanging system uses wooden clothes pins. I've mounted them on a long narrow strip of wood with fairly heavy T-pins, using a hammer to tap them in securely.
After adding a screw eye to each end of the wooden strip, I was able to attach cords and hang it back in place where the old one was.
I like that the rigid wooden support doesn't sag like the old line. It stays up out of my way and the fact that the pins swing on the T-pins make it easier to attach prints.
At the moment, there's a monster nor'easter type blizzard - possibly "record breaking & historic" - bearing down on New England. I'm hoping it will be a good time to hide out in the studio and get something going.