Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Small Prints

I've been playing around with images for small prints suitable for exchange projects. I was hoping to send a few pieces off to the BIMPE (6th Biennial International Miniature Print Exhibition) but as usual, I may not meet the mailing deadline.

I'm forging ahead anyway with the idea that these small works will be "sketches" for larger prints. I can easily experiment with images, plate development, inks and layering and work out ideas before moving on to larger plates.



This piece measures 4" X 4.5" and was created with an ImagOn plate inked & wiped as an intaglio in light blue gray. I printed a rubber stamp directly on the plate before printing to create an off-set bull's eye. The second plate is a Solarplate; inked as a relief and printed over the first.



Turbulence

No comments:

Post a Comment