Sunday, April 25, 2010

Fabulous Flat Files


Spring cleaning is underway in the studio. It's amazing how quickly things begin to pile up and before you know it there are so many stacks of paper and prints laying around that you can't fine what you're looking for. So I decided to go on a mission to see if I could solve my print storage problems.

Everyone I spoke to said that flat files were the way to go. However, after a little on line research I was convinced that I was out of luck; the price of a new flat file was over $800 for one 5 drawer unit! I was beginning to consider other storage alternatives when someone suggested craig's list.

After a quick search on craig's list, I found just what I was looking for. Less than 2 hours away in Massachusetts, was a Stacore unit in great condition, with a base, for only $400. My husband and I picked it up yesterday and it is now sitting in the studio ready to be filled. Sometimes lady luck is on your side!

No comments:

Post a Comment