Friday, March 19, 2010

Getting Started

This is the set up I decided to use. Since I'll be doing a reduction print, cutting away and printing as I go along, I need to have a good registration system. I decided to employ the same system I use when doing a serigraph.

I punched "dots" out of a scrap of matt board, glued them to another strip of matt board and then taped the unit to my linoleum. Next I punched holes in my paper - in this case Arches 88 - to correspond to the dots on my linoleum.

A window was cut out of a piece of mylar to act as a stencil as I inked the image area.

No comments:

Post a Comment