Thursday, February 9, 2017

Moth Project

I stumbled upon an interesting project the other day. Artist Hilary Lorenz put out a call for moth prints.

This sounded like a fun project to participate in so with blizzard conditions outside, I hunkered down in the studio and did a little moth printing.

Since the directive was to print in black and white and keep the image simple, I decided on the Giant Leopard Moth.

This was the perfect opportunity to try out my new Pfeil tools that my husband bought for my birthday and wow, they are nice!

In no time at all, I had the linoleum carved and the plate trimmed.

I had recently purchased Speedball's new professional water-based relief ink so that was put to the test as well. It printed really well and cleaned up easily with soap and water.

Since this is a small plate, I printed by hand using my Print Frog glass baren.

After a few prints though, I switched over to my original 50 year old glass baren. The smaller size worked better for this plate.

Once the prints dry, I'll trim them and let them migrate to Hilary.

And the snow continues to pile up.

No comments:

Post a Comment