Thursday, June 11, 2020

Navigating difficult times


I haven't done any monoprints in awhile so my original intention was to create a series of unique prints based on a single theme rather than print an edition. Right now I have a few interesting images and lots of ideas for directions in which to take them.

This is the newest addition to the series. I feel everyone is attempting to navigate this "new normal" as best they can and by whatever means they feel necessary. It's a precarious balance between shutting yourself off from life and venturing out while trying to avoid hazards. The faces in this series are, for the most part, purposely silhouetted; they could represent anyone and everyone.



This one will offer a few different approaches as well so I need to just sit with it for the time being.
There is definitely plenty of time for the studio.


No comments:

Post a Comment