Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Morning's Work


I spend the morning sketching and working out ideas for my next exchange project.

The Littlest Print Exchange is a juried trade of tiny 3.5" x 3.5" art prints. Each accepted artist is invited to submit an edition of 50 prints and will in turn receive a complete portfolio of 50 prints from all 50 individual artists.
http://littlestprintexchange.blogspot.com/

Once I settled on an interesting image, I played around in PhotoShop and worked up a negative. Because the print size is so small (and 50 prints are due by September 1st) I decided to try something different. I'm making a plate with 4 of the same image so I can print 4 at once and have a more manageable sized plate to work with. It was always my intention to do a bleed print and since I'll be doing a photo intaglio plate, this should work well; I'll trim the prints to size when I finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment